Monday, April 11, 2011

Reader's Workshop Reading Spots

In my first 8 years of teaching, I never had a theme to my decor.  This year I decided to go all out with the bee theme.  I'm not even sure why I picked bees...maybe the DJ Inker Bee stuff reeled me in when I was browsing catalogs last summer!  Here are a few of the fun bee reading spots we have in our classroom...



My most favorite reading spot in our whole room is the Bee Hive tent.  It has antennae, wings and a stinger!!  We have 2 bee Pillow Pets inside, too.  My mom found it on Amazon and bought it for my birthday.  I set up the tent on the very first day of school, but the tent didn't open until the kids built their reading stamina to 20 minutes.  (It didn't take long!)   




I found this cute bee beanbag at a Mom To Mom sale last fall.  The lady didn't have a price tag on it and offered it to me for a dollar!  Maybe she could tell I was a poor teacher who constantly gets suckered into buying things for my classroom!  : )
This bee reading spot is actually a kid's garden cushion.  They have them at Big Lots for $1.50 each.  I have a bin with lots of these for the kids to use during independent reading.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Check this out...
 
The Teacher Wife

No comments: