Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blogs on Fire...and an update

Holy Cow!  My inbox was burning up today!!!  Holly over at Crisscross Applesauce awarded me the Blog on Fire Award!!!  She is a crack-up and if you haven't checked her out yet, you have got to get over there!


So here are the rules...I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about me and nominate 7 other blogs...

1.  My husband and I have the same first name!  Crazy, right?  When I was pregnant with my kids, the joke was that we would name them the same, too!

2.  I met my husband in the local hardware store where I worked in high school.  He was the customer, and I was working in the electrical department!  He proposed in a hot air balloon 2 years later and we have now been married for 11 years!

3.  I drove a minivan for 2 years and HATED every minute of it!!!  I hear you either love it or hate it...just got rid of it last week and couldn't be happier.  Moved on to a diesel VW Passat that gets 700 miles to the tank!!!!

4.  Ever done the True Colors test where you find your personality and the personalities of your coworkers?  I'm the ONLY "Green" on my whole staff!!!!  I'm a thinker...I have to really digest information before I can act...thinking of 7 things about me is HARD!

5.  I am a music fanatic!  I went to my first concert when I was 3 years old.  My mom and dad took me to the Moody Blues.  I was hooked and went every year after until I went off to college.  Believe it or not, my iPod has everything from Frank Sinatra to Jay-Z to Kenny Chesney to The Black Eyed Peas to Dave Matthews.  Rolling Stone is my favorite magazine.

6.  I HATE cooking!

7.  And here is the biggie...can't even believe I am going to admit this...I have a blog and a TPT store and my husband has NO IDEA!  I am keeping it a secret because I am earning a little extra cash on TPT.  I plan on using my profits to take the "fam" on a nice vacation and I want it to be a huge surprise.  My husband has been on disability for over a year and it is tough living on a teacher salary + a disabled income.  By the time I earn enough money to get a jet plane in the air to go farther than the next state with my family of four, we might be 4 years older, but it will be sooooo worth it!  If you buy something from my TPT store, you can feel good knowing you are helping to send me on a long awaited vacation.  LOL    

Ok...and now I have to think of just 7 amazing blogs...this will be tough...the "Green" in me needs to think a little longer...stay tuned...

Oh...and the update...Kate is working round the clock to roll out the AMAZING idea we have in store for you.  I promise, we haven't forgot...

No comments: