Saturday, October 1, 2011

Owls, Apples, and Monsters!!!

I can hardly believe it is October!!!  We have been busy making our first grade hallway all fall-ish and it is looking quite cute!!!  Check out these adorable owls!  I wish I had a pattern to share with you, but I free handed the owl heads.  The kids made their own beaks and pupils.  Cupcake liners make them extra cute!




We also studied the seasons of an apple tree.  My awesome retired-teacher-mom came to help with this hall display.  Each child was able to contribute something to a poster.






Halloween is just around the corner so I made a cute Monster Mash Sight Word Game that you can see by clicking on the picture below! 

4 comments:

Meghan Mayhew said...

I love the Owl idea! Every year I read the book, Poppy, to my students and this would be a great activity to go along with the novel.

http://mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

~Meghan

Barbara said...

Love your owls! The cupcake liner eyes are perfect.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Lori Faas said...

I LOVE a great art project!

Lori
http://bee-the-change.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your owls are adorable!! I'm a new follower of your blog!

Rebecca
Teaching First