Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Dogs of Christmas

If you have not heard of this Christmas book, you need to head on over to Amazon and get yourself a copy!!  It includes a CD of the song that is so fun to listen to!  This has been a favorite of mine (I have a habit of saying that every picture book in my library is a favorite of mine) since I did my student teaching back in 2001.  My cooperating teacher bought a copy for me and now every year right before the holidays, I play it for my kids.  They beg me to play it over and over again.  It kind of reminds me of the excitement they had when I first played Pete the Cat for them!!!  I tried to find a sample of the song on the Internet, but had no luck.  You will just have to buy it and hear it for yourself!!!


What is your favorite holiday book?  I think A Wish To Be a Christmas Tree comes in a close second for me!!  Polar Express used to be on the top of my list until the movie came out and ruined the magic that the book had on its own. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Lavoie said...

Love this book too! The movie for this book is also adorable and it was filmed in my "now" home town. We show it at school every other year or so as most of the movie was filmed in Bethel, Maine and the scenes are familiar to our kiddos. Most of the dogs were local as well. It is wonderful that this book was written by a seven year old! If you go to www.12dogsofchristmas.com/ and enter the site you can read how the book became a movie in the production diary. Thanks for sharing!

Delighted said...

I'm not sure where I've been, but I have never heard of this book. Thank you for opening my eyes to this one!!!

First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

CancelBlogger said...

Thanks for the info!! I just ordered the book with cd and the movie dvd from the website (amazon was out of stock)...I can't wait!! My kiddos and I LOVE dogs, and Christmas, of course:)