Saturday, December 3, 2011

HTML WHAT?

I have watched tutorials, read blog design tips, looked at DIY blog articles and messed with HTML codes until I couldn't see straight.  I finally got rid of the pastel blue background, birds and butterflies, found a background to match my header, and installed it.  I think I lost a few strands of hair in the process...

And I have decided that HTML stands for this:

How in the HELL-O do
They
Make it
Look so easy?

-or-

How many
Thousands of
Monkeys did it take to make up this
Language?

I am not in love with what I ended up with, so I might play with it a little more later.  : )

I'm making my parent gifts this weekend and will post directions and pictures, soon!

10 comments:

Delighted said...

I totally understand what you mean. I have tried numerous times to change mine...but it's too far above my head. Good luck in getting yours the way you want it!

First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I tried to change mine by myself, too, and finally gave in and paid to have my blog done. I understand your frustration! I like your new background!

Rebecca
Teaching First

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

Lol I totally understand. That's why my blog design hasn't changed!

Eventually I may brave it and try again :)

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Erika said...

I am totally with you! I've found two places with good tutorials. Ladybug Teacher Files and Blog Designs by Dani. But the new background looks great and your hair will eventually too! ;)
2B Honey Bunch

Dee said...

Hey Jaime,

I really LIKE your new design. I like the elegance of it and the ease of reading the text. It also loads in quickly. Yeah, html coding is crazy, but it's like a giant puzzle for me and I can't resist a puzzle and a challenge.
Dee
First Impressions

Unknown said...

haha love the acronyms! I think you did a fab. job!!!!! It looks great!

Also, stop by and check my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

Come by & enter to WIN!
http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Tamara L. Chilver said...

I am laughing so hard at your acronyms! Your blog looks great!

Holly said...

I think you're quite talented! Lookin' good, darlin', lookin' good! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Runde's Room said...

LOVE your new design - and your acronyms are hilarious!!! I fully admit I paid to get my blog done - my girls give me enough grey hairs ...

Jen
Runde's Room

Samantha said...

I love it! I will miss the old one though. =)

Samantha
msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com