Sunday, December 4, 2011

Parent Volunteer Gifts

Every year around the holidays, I like to give my parent volunteers a little gift to thank them for coming and helping in our classroom.  I have been known to send my poor husband into Home Depot on Black Friday (when in fact, he secretly loves to be sent there) to grab the beautiful poinsettias that are just 99 cents!!!  He says he has nightmares for days after of little old ladies shoving him out of the way to get their hands on the little red plants.

This year I have NINE awesome moms that come in once a week or once every other week to help with our intervention block time.  Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have a parent in my room helping with sight word games or math intervention tubs.  I wish I could take them all to Hawaii...they deserve so much more than those 99 cent poinsettias, so I made them these:




You need a clear acrylic frame, scrapbook paper, cooridnating ribbon, ink pens and sticky notes to make these adorable sticky note holders.  A few glue dots or a hot glue gun wouldn't hurt to have on hand as well.  Trim your scrapbook paper to fit inside the frame.  Add embellishments inside or outside of the frame, which ever you choose.  Attach the sticky note pad with glue dots or a dab of hot glue so they stay on.  I also found a four pack of matching pastel ink pens at the dollar store that work perfectly!!!  Wrap in a clear treat bag and tie with some ribbon and you have got yourself a pretty awesome gift!!!  I am also making them for my kids' preschool teachers with a little bible verse "fancied up with embellishments" inside the frame. 

My coworkers tease me because this is type of a project is so NOT me at all.  Me + scrapbook paper are usually not said in the same sentence.  ; )  

What do you do for your parent volunteers?

In case you missed my post last week...click {HERE} to see what my students make for their own parents for the holidays!

6 comments:

Erika said...

These are so adorable!
2B Honey Bunch

Meghan Mayhew said...

So cute! What a thoughtful gift!
~Meghan

http://www.mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

great idea! Love it, and Love your new look!!!

Stacy Johnson said...

I'm a new follower and love this idea! I too have a few AWESOME moms who come help with Dibels practice, math interventions and all the copying and project cut outs from my TpT purchases!! I work in a Title 1 school near the Mexico border so lots of ELL's in my class and I need all the help I can get!

Stacy
mrsjohnsonsfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Great idea! Sounds like you have some awesome volunteers!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm..... I am SO STEALING this! Very cute and afordable :)