Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Shopping Lists....another freebie

I scheduled this post to come out while I am on a vacation (minus Internet) so that I didn't leave my favorite people (YOU) hanging for too long.  I also just realized that I have been in a pretty giving mode lately...I get all excited when I can grab something for free, and I'm hoping you do, too!  So...here is another piece of free from me to you!  (Yes, I do have a TPT and a Teachers Notebook store...feel free to shop around...my store links are just to your right...) 

Click on the picture below to download a pdf file of Book Shopping Lists.  (The document will open in Google Docs, two shopping lists per page.)  I use these book shopping cards for my kids when they shop for Readers Workshop independent books out of my classroom library.  I print them on card stock, put their names on the backside with a label, laminate them and use a Sharpie to write their lists.  When the child's level changes, you can use a Magic Eraser to erase the Sharpie (as long as it is on the lamination and not under it!) and write in their new levels.  For example, if Luke was independently reading at a level 6, I would fill out his shopping list like this:  

2 books from level 4  (easy)
5 books from level 6 (just right)
1 book from level 8 (challenge)
1 Look Book

The look book is just an extra fun book or magazine for the kids' bags that they may or may not be able to read.  Once I can get back into my classroom, I will take pictures and post about my library.  I am a book addict...my district Reading Coach told me I seriously have to stop buying books or I am going to run out of nooks and crannies to store them!

I am going to print only the bees for my class.  If you want, you could print a little of each so everyone in your class had one to pick from to make them a little more personal.  All clip art is from the one and only, Scrappin Doodles.  Love them!!!
Enjoy!

9 comments:

Beth said...

I love these! You didn't know it, but these are the answer to a prayer! Thank you.

pinkyblue said...

Your book shopping lists are adorable!! Thanks!

Melissa said...

I love this idea- so logical yet I never thought if it- thanks!!!

Lynn said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing. Hope that you are enjoying your trip!

Bonnie Walton said...

I absolutely love these! I feel like my students just grab whatever and this will help guide them in their choices. Thanks for sharing!

Living A Wonderful Life

Erika said...

Love your stuff! Just started my own blog and I have a bee theme too. Feel free to check it out.
http://www.2bhoneybunch.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great idea. I am using some bees this year...perfect!

Rachel Lamb said...

such a smart idea! Thanks for sharing!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Loving the frogs. I like that I can also include f(fiction) or nf(fiction) on the blanks to encourage students' choice as well. Thanks