Monday, July 25, 2011

More Freebies...Frogs, Ladybugs and Bees

I went a little overboard with Scrappin Doodles purchases yesterday and was in a little bit of a creative mood...I needed to make myself some new table number signs to hang on the sides of the table bins (that I have yet to find this year) for my kiddo's tables.  I have a bee theme in my room so I made bee table signs, but I also made ladybug table signs (those are for you...Andrea, from Stepping Into First) and some frog numbers for you amphibian loving teachers out there.  I hope someone can use them!!!  Click on the set you are interested in and they will open in a pdf through Google Docs.  There are enough signs in each set for 6 tables.


 I plan on laminating these with my latest find:

a personal Purple Cow Hot/Cold laminator from Costco.  It was only $18.00 and came with 200 pouches!!!!  I have no idea why I needed it...our school has a perfectly fine commercial sized laminating machine, so please tell me what you use your personal laminator for if you also own one.  : )

One more thing...I had a couple of you who couldn't open my welcome packet in my previous post.  I have emailed it to you...it should be in your inbox.  Also, I had a question about how I embed my documents into my posts.  I have figured it out only for documents in Word format.  Once it is uploaded in Google Docs, it gives you a html code that you have to copy and paste into your post (make sure you select the EDIT HTML tab at the top of your post box before you paste the code in).  I cannot for the life of me find out how to do this for pdf documents that I have uploaded into Google Docs.  If anyone knows, I would love to hear from you in my comment section.  : )

I am off on a vacation on Wednesday and will not have access to the Internet until after the weekend!!!!  AAAHHHHH!!!!!  Stay tuned...I will have some treats for my followers when I return...

12 comments:

mandytaylor said...

Headed to Costco...that's a super deal!
Mandy
firstgradetothecore

Pocketful of Littles said...

I just recently got a personal one too and I <3 it! Our school has one laminator and we are not allowed to touch it only the librarians! Ofter times they run stuff through sloppy or too fast and end up messing up something that I took the time out to make! So if I made it them I laminate it myself especially if I have a lot of small pieces

Ms. Patterson

Pocket Full of Kinders

sspeller said...

The personal laminator is a godsend for many reasons...
1. It laminates with a much heavier and sturdier film than school laminators.
2. Half of the time our school laminator is either broken or out of film so this way I can laminate whenever I want to.
3. I am such a school nerd that I wanted a laminator of my own just because it is so stinkin' fun to use!!!

Cyndy said...

Steal of a deal for that laminator! I have one at home that I got with my Scholastic bonus points and I swear it was the best thing I have received from Scholastic so far! LOL! I LOVE IT! I love it because the pockets are so much thicker than the school film. It never wrinkles like the school one does, and I can do it at home and cut the pieces infront of the tv without having to lug it all back and forth. You will so enjoy it! I might even consider buying that one for my classroom... yep, I'm that much of an addicted laminator-person! :P
Cyndy
Counting with Coffee

Bonnie Walton said...

I agree with what everyone else is saying. I love my laminator! We're supposedly getting a poster maker and new laminator this year at school, but as far as I know, we will not be trained to use them. The things I have laminated with mine at home are much more heavy duty. I also laminate things for scrapbooks.

Deedee Wills said...

Oh my goodness! Some of my blog angels told me about a personal laminator a while back and I grabbed it! Then yesterday at Costco I saw the one you posted about. I almost convinced myself that I needed two!
My husband was the voice of reason.
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Jasmine said...

What an awesome blog! I just found you today. My theme is also bees :-)

Miki said...

I have 2 of the laminators from Costco. I LOVE them!!! The pouches that come from "purple Cows" laminate much thicker than my school's machine. So your pieces just feel stronger and thicker.....HAVE FUN!!! I laminate everything :)

Mary said...

Love your blog- thanks for sharing! I bought a personal laminator from Wal Mart but buy less expensive laminating pouches from Sam's Club. I have seen Costco's machine but I have never seen replacement pouches there.(?) Am I missing them?

Mary

The Waller Family said...

I love my little laminator. I like that it laminates thicker than the one at my school. The thicker pieces are nicer for laminating station activities!

Tammi said...

I wrote a post the other day on embedding pdfs into blogs. I hope it helps!

Embeding PDFs


Tammi
Having Fun K-1

TammiL(dot)13(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I love all these ideas for laminators. We've got a whole bunch at purplecows.net

My favorite is making charts and lists that I can use a dry erase marker so they are reusable!