Thursday, August 25, 2011

Freebie and a File Conversion Tip

I have just LOVED this poster I have been seeing across blog land!  I decided to type up my own version, "fancied" it up and printed it at a local photo lab for $2.49.  I put it in a clear 8x10 frame and I am good to go!  I think it turned out quite cute!

Click on the picture above to get a copy of the PDF from Google Docs.
Ignore the awful glare from the plexiglass frame...

First, I made the poster in Word.  Next, I changed it into a PDF.  From there, I uploaded it to Zamzar, a free file conversion site.  Zamzar allows you to upload a file and convert it to just about anything you want and it will email it to you with in minutes.  FOR FREE!  How cool is that?  Then...(I know...50,000 steps just for a cute poster...teachers will go to the edge of the world for something cool, right?) I uploaded the png file to Picnik to "fancy" it up.  Picnik allows you to upload a picture (jpg or png) and add text and stickers, use cool photo editing tools, etc.  FOR FREE!  I got the white picture to turn to black by using the color inversion tool.  I resized the original picture to be 1600x2000 so it would turn out to be a true 8x10.  Then...(I'm almost done) I uploaded that picture to my local photo lab for printing.  Whew...done.   Clear as mud? 

4 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

haha perfect!

Unknown said...

CUUUUUTEEE!

Cindy Hutter and Tanya Wildman said...

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! This is going up on my door- just in time for Curriculum Night. It really does say it all.